I love the rain. I really do. I actually prefer the rain to the snow. I have heard people to say that when it's snow, you can brush it off you before it melts and gets you wet. But with the rain, all you are is wet. That's bull crap. I'm sorry, but there is something infinitely more beautiful about the rain. Plus, the next day, all done!! No piles of snow to avoid or smash into with your car.
However, my dog HATES to be wet. She's terrified of the rain. She REALLY has to go pee right now, but she refuses to go outside because it's raining. She just looks outside and whines. Here is a picture of her avoiding going outside to pee:
YES, I do feed my dog. The ribs poking through her skin is characteristic of her breed. And notice the tension in her legs She's really afraid of that rain. And please don't look at my messy house in the back ground. Yes, that is a giant bottle of TUMS next to the chair. I eat several of those a day. It's ridiculous, because I'm only 16 weeks pregnant!! I should not have heartburn this early, nor should I have morning sickness this late. Actually, the morning sickness is getting WORSE, if you can believe that. But back to my dog.
So she whines, which is her signal that she needs to pee. But then she goes like this while she demands that I keep the door open and let all the cold air in. So she stays like that for 10 minutes and my toes are freezing and then at the last minute she jumps back inside. What you can't see in the picture is her trembling at just the THOUGHT of going outside.
But she's dying!! She HAS to pee. She keeps looking at the door, crying, begging me to let her out. So I did. I pushed her out the door. And what does she do? She presses herself up against the door, keeping herself out of the rain by staying under the overhang of my 2nd story. And then she puts her little paw up on the glass and gently taps it, which is her signal to say, "I'm done, you can let me in now."
So after trying to leave her outside for a few minutes so she'll just give up and go and pee, I finally admit defeat due to her persistent whining and give in and let her in. (I'm going to be a great mom, right?)
I then tried to get her to go out front. I stayed under the front porch while she walked out a little bit and then immediately dashed back under the porch. Apparently she's smart enough to know the difference between the words "leave it" and "sit" but she doesn't understand that if it's raining in the back yard, then it's probably raining in the front yard.
So we go back inside. After one more failed back door open, I decided that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go out there with her. So I put on some shoes and walk out there. SUCCESS!!!! She immediately went out and peed. And then ran back inside like someone was trying to murder her.
She's currently drying herself off in front of the fire. That's my pampered little girl. Look at her drying off her booty.And once again, please don't look at my dirty house. Thankfully Raya is covering up the worst part of it.
So what is the point of this blog? I love rain, but Raya is scared of it. And I'm waiting for Marcelo to get home so I can eat dinner and take a long bubble bath. I'll let you know how that goes.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Rain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
GO RAYA! Give that rain hell.
Just so you know, my dog does the SAME THING. He knows he can't poop on the cement, so he'll run out onto the snow, and then run back. Run in the snow, run back. He really has to gather up the courage before he squats in the snow. I think he was meant to be raised in Arizona or something.
Post a Comment