CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Home Alone


I am home alone, AGAIN. Marcelo is mad at me so he decided to go to the gym without me. Which is not strange because if he had asked me to go I would've said no. I never want to go the gym. It's my basketball shaped belly that makes me not want to do anything. But the sad thing is that my baby is only like 4 inches long. So the basketball sized lump under my shirt is not due to my pregnancy. It's all me, ALL ME SWEETHEART.

Do you know what I think is lame? Women who say that when they were a child, they wanted to be a mother when they grew up. It's like saying they wanted to grow a sixth toe when the grow up. I mean, you really have no control over whether or not you are a mother, or whether or not you can grow a 6th toe.

Those are the same people who say that their mothers are their best friends. I'm sorry, but my mother is a nice person but NOT my best friend. And unlike some of those girls, I can last a WHOLE WEEK without talking to her. Sorry, I just think those people are lame. And I can admit that the majority of the reason I don't get it is because I don't have that kind of a relationship with my family.

And now the real reason for this blog: I'm sending out a furtive plea to Judd. She won't return my phone calls and she's no longer responding to my email. So Judd, if you read this PLEASE CALL ME!

Tomorrow: I will detail my spa day to make you all jealous and/or mock me for my uncomfortable "wet towel" situation.

5 comments:

hil said...

Lobster mia, i was in ny for a week visiting my family. and my phone and internet went out for 3 days before that because arizona doesn't know how to handle a little rain. i'm sorry! i love you more than my luggage, you know that! i'm going to call you tonight!

Reggs said...

LOLOLLLL I love you more than my luggage. Now I have to go search for my copy of Steel Magnolias.
I love my mom, but there are just some things you can't and SHOULDN'T talk to your mom about. Like how great your husband is in bed.

hil said...

and one more thing. my mom is a woman who wanted nothing more than to be a mother. the feminist in me sides with you, but let's be realistic. being a mother is the HARDEST DAMN JOB in the history of the world, so aspiring to be one is pretty ambitious. and yes, you absolutely DO get to decide if you'll be a mom. AND you get to decide if you'll be a shitty one or an awesome one. so i'm going to have to disagree with your negative comments about wanting to be a mom. and as i recall, you wanted to be one, so where is all this mother anger coming from? i do, however, side with Mrs. Dickson (that was funny) about things you shouldn't tell your mama. i once made the mistake of mentioning something about Frankie's nakedness and the conversation got very awkward. my mom can't handle certain subjects. she's from a different time, you know? and your pregnant ass better NOT be going to the gym! you'd better get just as fat as i did and love every second of it!

hil said...

i promise this is the last comment i'll leave today. am i stalking you, or what?!! one of the many things i love about you is your vocabulary. you weren't just sending out a plea, it was a furtive one. i love that about you. also, the "it's all me, sweetheart" comment was fantastic. the sweetheart part made me laugh and made my day. and what is up with having to type in the word verification before i can post a comment? does the server need to asegurarse that i can see, thus administering a vision test? i assure you that though my comments seem arbitrary and like they are coming out of my can, they were all thought out and typed up with the aid of 20/20 vision.

Reggs said...

OMGGGG Judd you are freaking hilarious. I HATE WORD VERIFICATION! Like, after you type this totally witty remark, you have to look at some warped doodle and make your best guess as to what it is. I almost always get it WRONG and then it makes me type out my witty comment again. I hate to say it, but for every time I have to re-type it, the less witty it gets.
KUDOS! But i need to re-state something Judd said. Being a mom isn't difficult. Being a GOOD mom is DAMNED difficult. There are a lot of moms out there who shoot up and just let their kids run amuck in the trailer park. So in that sense, aspiring to being a GOOD mother is a very worthy ambition. Raising children who will blame all of their mental problems on you is a very noble goal. But I agree...you gotta have a back up if the mothering plan doesn't pan out. That is why I have my Spam book idea handy...