I don't really watch commercials anymore. That's the blessing of a TiVo. However, Here are the most offensive ads that I have found recently:
Offensive #1) The Dolce & Gabbana commercial that does not just ALLUDE to a, um, threesome (between 1 girl and 2 guys) but shows quite a bit of TOUCHING, KISSING, RUBBING and general near humping. I get that D&G wants to be cool and awesome, but leave that kind of stuff for a Cosmo ad!! I don't need it right in the middle of SYTYCD.
I really don't think the commercial was in the middle of SYTYCD, but I can't remember where it was. Actually, maybe that's my problem. It was in the middle of a trashy show I watch. I need to stop watching E! Television. Moving on.
Offensive #2) The Schick "TrimStyle" Commercial. Have you seen these? They are not new. But the general idea of the commercial is that a woman walks by a little house plant, and magically the houseplant is "trimmed" in such a way to allude to the fact that this woman is sporting the same shape on her. . . um. . . .privates.
I think my jaw actually hit the ground when I saw this. I mean, it was SOOO brazen. It's like the woman walks by, the plant is WAIST HIGH, and then it's "trimmed". I don't want to be thinking about another woman trimming anything. Nor do I want to look at a woman and try to guess her private "shape". This is the actual ad:
Introducing Schick® Quattro for Women® TrimStyle™
It's just the gadget a girl needs to stay perfectly groomed. Try new Quattro for Women® TrimStyle™, the first four-blade razor and waterproof bikini trimmer in one. Shave, trim and transform with just the flip of a handle.
Shave? Trim? TRANSFORM?!?! I'm not turning my nethers into Optimis Prime here. I don't want to transform, nor think about others' transformations either. Gross. Sorry, just. . . gross. Again, save it for Cosmo, Schick.
Let's just say that my family has enough SFTT's (originally BFTT's but Julie and I changed it this weekend) to make me know that not all times in the bathroom are good times. So I don't like to be reminded of that by some fat fluorescent pink bears swinging on trees. No more talk about bathroom "jobs". Thank you
What ads make you cringe? Please do tell.
4 comments:
I hate the Charmin adds too. Especially when they show the little bear with bit of tp stuck to it's butt. I didn't realize that such an epidemic that was sweeping our great nation.
I don't really watch TV so I don't see too many filthy commercials. I do hate stupid ones, I seriously wonder how such dumb ideas get past successful executives.
I haven't seen them yet, but they sound gross!
i hate the charmin ads, too. like, i don't want to see tp residue on a baby bear's tush, not to mention that charmin is the worst for "lint." i prefer scott tissue. the ad might go something like this...a gritty steel worker backs out a smearing grumpy and just wipes with sandpaper (that's basically what scott tissue is). he does one wipe, and goes for a second. the second comes out poopless, but with a smear of blood. he looks at it, gives a slight nod, and goes about his day...sure, it makes you cringe, but at least it is honest! i agree with the shick ads, too. the first time we saw that one, i looked at Frank, who was already looking for my reaction, and said, "um, who shapes their nethers like that? my oonie is never going to be a circle." i hate the brownie pan/cutter commercial. like it's such a hassle to cut brownies. and the snuggie commercials. what dances are those kids doing and why?
I think that the AXE comercials are so dirty!!! YEAH those about the guys body spray-- Some are funny but generally dirty!
Post a Comment