So here are some things that I have been pondering lately. I made some lists for you:
Top 5 actresses I like and who I *hope* do NOT turn out to be like Lindsay Lohan. i.e. I hope they don't go down in a flaming ball of booze and failing to wear panties to social events
1. Dakota Fanning- Brilliant little girl and she knows it. Watch the SNL sketches about her. Priceless.
2. Scarlett Johansson- I like her better as a brunette. And she has pretty big boobs so you know she's always going to wear the right underwear!
3. Tina Fey- I mean, we know she'll never be trash, but still, I hope she makes 30 Rock forever. That show makes me howl!
4. Zooey Deschanel. Have you seen her? Do you know who I'm talking about? She's so freaking adorable! I think she's going to be awesome in that new 500 Days movie. We just all need to make sure she's got a full supply of chones so she doesn't get caught "Lohaning"
5.Beyonce:Mostly a singer, but kind of an actress. And it doesn't matter, because it's my list, and I love her. I can't help it. She's just so classy. PLUS, I caught my mom watching one of her videos last fall. And then my mom would always say, "Oh, I'm going to one of those single's dances. With all my single ladies (all my single ladies)" My mom would actually repeat it twice like the song!! Anyone that can make my mom make reference to a pop song is awesome. Let's mail her some chones. Those bodysuits she's been wearing lately could ride up and show a "Half-Lohan"
5 Actresses That Can Eat It. (i.e. ones I wouldn't care if they never made a movie again and if I never heard about them ever again. Oh, and who I would be happy to hear had a "Lohan" happen to them at the Oscars/Golden Globes):
1. Sienna Miller- I call her "The Poor Man's Nicole Kidman". Name 1 movie she's been in. . . other than the G.I. Joe movie that is coming out and has been WAAAY too publicized. Cant' do it, can you? Seriously, every time I see her in an interview I want to gag. BLEECH. I bet she pulls a "Lohan" in the next month.
2.Kate Holmes- Also for her, can you name one movie she's been in? Why is she on the news? I don't care what she wears! She's not MYYY fashion icon. She can suck it.UGH, I'm so sick of her. We need to go steel all her chones so she is forced to "Lohan"
3. Britney Spears:Again, she's *mostly* a singer, but I am done hearing about her. And she HAS pulled a "Lohan" several times!! Once you go Lohan, you never go back to being classy. Because any time you are Googled from then on, there is a pic of your whoo-haa that pops up. Blech.
4. Madonna. Even though Evita is one of my favorite movies of all time, her arms scare me. And she's just too preachy these days. But really, it's mostly her arms that scare me. She should keeps those things wrapped up at all times! No one needs to see that!
5. Lindsay Lohan. I feel like I need to put her on this list because I've made a verb out of her. Wouldn't we all do great with a lot less "Lohaning" going on in Hollywood these days? I know I sure would!! And I hope she never makes another movie again, even if she DOES wear chones through most of it.
Moving on.
The 5 favorite Shows Currently on my Tivo:
1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I can't describe this show to you. It's about these friends that own a bar, but they are horrible people, vain and stupid and yet so funny. Buying gas to sell at a profit, "Girls Night Out", the horrible way they treat The Waitress, etc!! It's one of the few shows Marcelo and I watch together. My brother just asked me last month if I watch it. And I had to tell him I've seen ALLLL the episodes thanks to Tivo. "I LOVE YOU TIVO!!"
2. Toddlers and Tiaras. I know I have already talked about this show on a previous post. But the second season just started on TLC and you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! Put it on your Tivo, set your VHS, etc. This season they have already had several "stage dads". WHY DO YOU MAKE ME LAUGH SO HARD I PEE MY PANTS, TLC? WHHYYYYY?
3. 30 Rock. I know I've already talked about Tina Fey today. But seriously, why is she so funny? I was watching some old episodes I have saved on Tivo, and that woman is brilliant. Thank you, Lorne, for first putting her as a cast member and then letting her have her own show. Thank you thank you Thank you!!
4. Jamie At Home. Jamie Oliver (AKA the Naked Chef) is a genius. Makes real food "not mucked around with" (in his words). Everything has a splash of olive oil, and everything has chilies in it. I don't get his chili obsession, but everything else looks good. He has this outdoor wood burning oven that makes me want one so badly!! And he has the easiest bread recipe I've ever seen! Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
5. Wipeout. The American version of "MXC" (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) from Japan. When Marcelo laughs REALLY hard, like the crying laughing, he sounds like a woman. His voice gets so high. I LOVE HEARING HIM LAUGH LIKE THAT! And this show makes him do it every time. Now our child is trained and she recognizes the show. When she sees it start, she gives a condescening chuckle and looks to us for support to help her laugh with the show too. That's my girl!
Well, that's my list for now. Thanks for reading it. Or skimming it. Whatever you do, make sure you wear your chones, ladies. Except you, Lindsey Lohan. I don't give a crap if you wear yours or not. You're never coming back, girl.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Lists
Posted by Ali at 8:30 PM
Labels: Confessions, My Favorite Things, Rants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i LOVE Zoey. love her! i know most people who didn't read HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy can't appreciate the movie, but i read it and i loved her as Trillion. fabulous. i like the lists. good things to think about. a good push for me to start wearing my chonies to social events. it is just so easy to forget, right Linds?
Both of my boys (who am I kidding; all three of my boys -- Nathan is included) LOVE Wipeout. I think it's a guy thing. Even Joshua will go around saying "wipeout, wipeout" (when he's not chanting for Thomas and Friends). But I find their commentary pretty funny, too. Good times.
Oh my gosh, Nate has a HUGE mancrush on Jamie Oliver, and he is always talking about how he wants an outdoor oven like him. He Tivo's Jamie and makes me watch it ALL THE TIME! I only like to watch to laugh at his English lisp.
Just want to say:
-Love Jamie (don't tell Nate)
-Tina Faye is awesome
-Wipeout is hilarious, I'm trying to get my sister to go on the show
-Leave Lindsay alone, there's nothing wrong with running around without undies...ok you can pick on Lindsay but there's still nothing wrong with running around without undies!!!
who IS sienna miller?? No idea.
lindsey lohan needs some serious therapy, and less of the spotlight. I feel kind of bad for her because she will never go back to the life she had as a disney star. Truth be told, I miss the Lindsey who had red red hair, freckles and a rack. Come back, old Lindsey!
Post a Comment