CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dinner & A Movie


Do you have good movie memories? Movies that just make you smile every time you catch a re-run of them on TV? Movies that can be so old, but you will still waste 2 hours on a Saturday watching them because you love them? I'm sure you do. Here are a few of my faves that will always make me stop and waste time:

Overboard
A Christmas Story
The Wedding Crashers
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, Say Anything. (80's John Hughs classics, etc)
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Hook
and of course. ..
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Why these movies and not others? I don't know!! Some are just enjoyable, others have good childhood memories. But for some, like Ferris Bueller, I can quote near 95% of the movie due to the fact that I watched it so many times growing up.

But today Marcelo watched it for the first time. He laughed at all the good parts, oohed at the meaningful moments, and was properly shocked when that car went flying out of the building through the glass window. It made me feel awesome that he enjoyed a movie that was so beloved to me.

How weird does that make me?

And one final question: In your opinion, was Ghostbusters II as good or better than the first? In my 9 year old mind it was better. But what is your take on it?

4 comments:

Reggs said...

Love it love it love it!!!!
I'm all about every movie on this list, EVERY MOVIE. except mr. and mrs. smith because brad pitt and angelina jolie went nasty crotch after making this movie.

I also love it when As Good As It Gets is on TV.

hil said...

gb II is way better.

Mindalynn said...

It is way fun to watch someone else watch one of your favorite movies for the first time. I had soooo much fun when my friend Carolyn watched Star Wars with me. The moment when she found out Luke and Leah were siblings was. PRICELESS. (But how did she grow up not knowing that, I will never understand.)

I'm going to have to put a strong vote in for the original Ghostbusters--way better in my opinion.

Amy said...

Ooohh, I have to agree with Mindy on the watching someone else watch your favorite movies. I saw Ever After 9 times at the dollar theater (on $.50 night) each time with different people just to see their reactions.

You've got a great list going--though I've never seen Wedding Crashers, and it's been so long since I've seen any of the Ghostbuster movies, I really couldn't tell you...