I give up. Evita is officially her father's daughter. I keep trying to look for things that she has that resemble mom, but to date I only have 2 things: Her lips and her toes.
Lets take a look at the list of things she has from dad:
Eyes (Both color and shape)
Eyelashes
Eyebrows
Hair (both color and type)
Ears
Hands
Legs
Things that are still up for grabs:
Her nose (At this point it's looking to be mom's. But we won't know for sure for a while. Let's all pray she gets my nose.)
Chin
But every day it's like something else is from her dad. The latest is her temperament. She doesn't want to sleep, she wants to scream and jump around all day. She's all about playing and being with her dad. She's becoming a little firecracker, and she's not even 7 months yet!!! Oh man, this is going to be fun.
On a different note, she's started fighting her daytime naps. I only let her sleep 90 min TOTAL all day, and sometimes she doesn't even want to do that. When she fights it, she rolls over and starts getting up on her knees. She writhes and leans forward and bangs her head into the corner of her crib. (THANKS PADDED BUMPER FOR PROTECTING MY BABY'S HEAD!) Basically my nap torture sessions are going to single handedly lead to my kid crawling in 4 to 5 days.
When she finally does succumb to the sandman, this is how you will find her:
Good mommy skills, right? Whatever. She loves it. At least she's sleeping!!! And she wakes up with the best lines on her face and cheeks that stay red for hours after the nap! She's such a delight. A red-cheeked screaming bottle banging delight.
Want more proof? Here she is throwing her head back in that funny way she does. Her laugh is all guttural when she does it. It makes her mom and dad laugh really hard to see her do it.
And I love it that she's getting a little hair on top. With a dollop of mousse, we can get a faux-hawk going. Love it. Love the tongue. Love her.
Here she is playing with her "chupa". She doesn't really use it for it's intended purpose anymore. But she loves to chew on it and play with it. She'll put it in her mouth and drop her hands and just keep it in her mouth. See what I mean?
And finally, One of my favorite pictures these days: I put Evi's headband on Raya. She's such a good sport. Oh, the abuse we inflict on our pets!!
Raya is the best dog ever!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
All Right, All Right. . .I GIVE UP!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH these were the best two posts EVER!!
First off, it warmed the cockels of my heart to see Pip's old crib being put to good use!! And I had to laugh at the "going up on hands and knees and banging her head on the side of the crib." LOLOL!! I'm so glad it wasn't just my kids that did that.
I love how she has decided to be creative with chewing on the binky. Those pictures, soooo cute. She has grown SO MUCH in the last month.
And lastly, the headband on Raya. HA HA!! POOR DOG!! I am going to email you the picture of Otis wearing one of Piper's onesies. It's priceless.
FINALLY! I've been waiting for pictures of this little girl. They change so fast. I love the pictures and she is the cutest little girl ever. The binkie thing is hilarious! Also, that picture of Raya is funny. It doesn't even look like her. She looks huge!
What is it that makes a sleeping baby so cute? I saw that picture and internally said, "Awww..."
Love the pics of cute little Evi!!!! When I ask Brian to change a diaper and he frowns, I just say, "The kid looks just like you- it's the least you could do" It ALWAYS works, so there are pros to your children looking exactly like your hubby! I feel like I live in a house full of quadruplets, they all look so much alike, and like Brian! I'm the odd-woman out! I'm sure you'll get a few more looking like him!
HA! Raya looks BEE-yootiful! Wow. I totally feel for you and Evi's sleeping habits but no mommy is bad for letting her child sleep however her child ends up as long as the BABY SLEEPS and Mommy gets a break. Evi is really cute. We need to get together so I can meet her. OH, MY GOSH. I haven't even MET her! I'm a terrible, terrible friend. Yeah, so after the holidays...let's get together. I miss your Royal Hilariousness and I've got to meet your daughter, Miss Firecracker. Good times. LOVE the post. As always, the pictures of Evi make this post a DEFINITE winner!
She's adorable! It's amazing how much they change, keep taking pictures!
Post a Comment