CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tagged for Christmas

I'm going to Dallas tomorrow and I don't know how much blog updating I'll get a chance to do. So to keep all of my superfans happy, I'm doing this post just in time for the holidays.

Krista sent this to me forever and a day ago and I'm sorry it took me a millions years to respond to it. But here it is!! Presenting. . . .Tagged:Christmas Edition

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I get a little OCD when wrapping presents. I have to have straight lines and double sided tape to hide the seams. I hate wrapping clothes outside of a box because there aren't straight lines. So I always try to get gift boxes for everything. I LOVE WRAPPING GIFTS!! I can spend hours doing it.

2. Real or fake tree? I love real, but have you seen how expensive they are these days? For that matter, have you seen how expensive FAKE trees are? Trees=Expensive. Anyway, we have a fake tree now, but once Marcelo and I become millionaires we will be getting a real one every year.

3. When do you put up a tree? Usually ASAP after Thanksgiving. But this year we didn't put one up in out tin shed of a house. Maybe next year.

4. When do you take it down? Usually not until late January, sometimes February. It takes so long to put up, I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes and no. If presented with a small glass, I will enjoy it. But I've never bought it at the store so obviously I don't like it that much. And the smell sometimes gets to me. But at Macey's they had samples of Egg Nog with sprite in it. Awesome.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Either my pogo stick or our family's trampoline. Both lasted a freaking long time and kept me 100% occupied on bored days.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Marcelo. He takes everything back!! Now I just buy him something and I don't get offended when he takes it back. He totally appreciates the thought and I appreciate that he will get something that he really likes and will use.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself. Ha HA. Just kidding. It's of course Evi!! If you can chew on it, she loves it.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. But I desperately want one. I told Marcelo that that would be a great gift to give me next year. Let's see if he remembers

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I never mailed them out. I didn't come from a "Christmas Card" family so it's just not a tradition for me. I think that they are nice though. I might do one someday.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? "The Shaft" aka, Candles. It's become a family joke now that we all get around together at Christmastime to watch Alicia unwrap the shaft she will inevitably receive. Because she gets shafted every year. And gets 3 candles of varying sizes, smells and colors. Yes, you read that correctly. One year I got nothing more then PJ's and candles. TRY TO LIVE THAT ONE DOWN, MOM!!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. I've loved this movie since I can remember. I don't recall the first time I saw it, it's just always been there. (Much like the birthmark on my ass) My mom recorded it off TV one year when I was REALLY young, and we would watch it all the time during the year when I was growing up. I love that it plays for 24 hours straight on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. "Randy lay like a slug. . .It was his only defense" Love it.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can. I usually sit around and try to plan out what I'm going to buy before I buy it. I HAAATE wandering the stores looking for "something" because I usually end up not buying what I really want. And I just hate shopping in general, so the sooner I can get it done, the better.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Heck yes, I have!! But only when the gift I received is the EXACT gift I was going to buy for someone else. So I don't think that really counts.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chinese Food. We started the tradition of eating Chinese Food on Christmas Eve back in 1994. It is the only tradition my family has and I look forward to that meal all year long. Even though you can get Chinese Food at any time, it just tastes better on Christmas Eve.

16. Lights on the tree? Of course. Growing up we had the really clunky multi-colored glass bulbs that had CLOTH chord and would get hot hot hot to the touch. And on the base of every bulb there was a CLIP so you could clip it to a branch. I'm telling you, I freaking grew up in the 50's. Wanna know how trees started houses on fire? Those dang lights!!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know. This line always gets me: "Did you know, That your baby boy, has walked where angels trod? And when you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God?" Makes me cry EVERY time.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Who wants to travel at Christmas? Why can't you all just come to me?

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. The question is: can you name all of Hanukkah Harry's Reindeer?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I grew up with an Angel. But I have this really nice crystal star that looks great on my tree. It's very pretty. I think I'll keep it.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, of course. Who opens presents on Christmas Eve? I mean, other then people who have their birthdays on December 24th, that is. Oh, and atheist Christ haters might open them then, too.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who whine about not getting what they wanted. At least you didn't get a lame-o candle, buddy!! Suck it up!!

23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Marcelo and I have a total "Bollywood" theme going on on our tree. It's awesome. We will only have it for a few years more, though. You know, until our kids start bringing home shoddily crafted ornaments that they make in preschool class.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey AND ham. It's just like Thanksgiving, but with ham added. But I love Christmas breakfast more. Eggs, sausage, OJ, etc etc. And I think this year we might be able to talk Sarah into making her famous Canadian pancake balls. This is how you make them: You get a special Canadian griddle and pour in the batter. Turn once, (very carefully). When they are done, pull them out and immediately dip them in MELTED BUTTER and then POWDERED SUGAR. Yes, you read that correctly. It's a butter/sugar explosion in your mouth with each bite. Ugh, it's so good. I wonder what all her RD friends would think of her to see her make those. . .

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A baby that sleeps through the night. And roller blades. Wait, THIS year? Not 1994? Oh, then just the baby thing.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? My best friends will leave witty remarks in my comment section telling me how much they love me and how they wish me a truly terrific holiday. And then they will do this same thing on their blogs too.

3 comments:

Reggs said...

Hey I totally CAN name all of Hannakah Harry's Reindeer!
" There was cheap-skate and Menorah and noisy and fusser, haggler and torah and yarmulk and dreidel. But the most important one of all...Matza, the red nosed unleavened reindeer..."

I would totally do this forward, but I think my timing would be off. But I'm with you about the LINES on presents!! And cursed be anyone who only gives candles and PJ's!!!

Amy said...

MMMMMMMMMM!!! Eggnog with Sprite--I never even knew people drank it any other way until I got married. Last night I had it with rootbeer and discovered an even better taste!

Why is it that husbands are the hardest to buy for? Danny always did the SAME thing. Now I just make him write me a list and the surprise is just which things he gets and which he doesn't!

Forget waiting until NEXT year for a nativity--treat yourself at the after Christmas sales. I got a fantastic one at Tai Pan Trading for 75% off last year. It was only $10 for a really nice one.

Try being a teacher--hot chocolate mixes, candles, and lotion and not just 3 of them, more like 27 of them. A girl can only burn so many candles and drink so much hot chocolate between Christmas and the end of the year when I receive the next 27.

I'd do this but I did it last year and the answers are mostly the same.

Lynn said...

My favorite gifts were my pogo stick and trampoline! They were awesome. And I'm glad that you plan on putting up your kids little ornaments that they make. Our favorite part of Christmas is decorating the tree and putting up all our old ornaments that we made. Then throughout the entire Christmas season, my brother and I will move our own ornaments to the top of the tree, and the other person's to the bottom, until my mom either freaks out or one of us knocks over the tree. Oh, good times.