I poisoned my family on Thursday. Food poison, that is. I'm pretty sure I know how I did it, and it was 153% my fault. It didn't hit till last night, and it hit all of us within about 2 hours of each other.
See, Marce got it first. And then when it hit me, I said, "I
think this is food poisoning". But he responded "no, the baby ate that food too. And she isn't sick". But he spoke too soon! We had a little nighttime vomit episode with her. And so he conceded that yes, it was probably food poisoning.
How did it do it? It involved chicken, forgetting to turn the oven on and then not cooking the crap out of it. I usually cook my chicken for an obscene amount of time just to make sure it is 100% cooked through. But this time, because of the delay in forgetting to turn the oven on, there wasn't time and so I'm pretty sure that is what caused us all to get sick.
Anyway, I won't shock you with the details, but let's just say you know it is food poisoning when it's shooting out BOTH ENDS nearly simultaneously.
We are all eating some dry toast, oatmeal and juice to try to replenish the lost fluids and nutrients. And I feel badly for poisoning my family. As I well should, I think. At least it wasn't a dinner party!
Don't forget to wash your hands people!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Poison
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Euuuu, that sounds so gross. Both ends is always bad. Poor little Evi. I hate pukes in the night. Never a good time.
Um-yes- I can personally verify that you know it is food poisoning when it's shooting out BOTH ENDS nearly simultaneously. (Oh but you can forget the "nearly" in that statement. Try figuring that out for your first time ever in the 3rd grade girls bathroom during the first half hour after your entire class of 3rd graders arrived for school, are now wondering where you are, and begin to send out search parties. (Apologies to all the 3rd grade girls and to the janitor!!) On a happy note--I felt better soon after I went home and still had the rest of the day off!
Back to you. Sorry you're sick. Chicken can be nasty like that. It shall pass. (Soon I hope!)
Post a Comment