I'm back off the wagon. The BREAD wagon. Whole boxes of cereal and loaves of bread disappear with startling speed. And my thighs are expanding with that same rapidity.
But I love bread. Great Harvest bread is my current favorite. Picture this: toasted slice of wheat bread, schmer of cream cheese and my mom's homemade blackberry jam on top. I may have had 2 of these yesterday. Which you are thinking "just 2, that's not so bad". To which I reply, "um I didn't tell you about the bowls of cereal or the OTHER slices of bread (and butter) I also ate. Yeah, It's becoming a problem.
But I just love it so much!
I wish salad tasted as good. Or something else healthy and green. I need to eat more green things!
In other sinning news, I ate a whole box of corn Chex in 2 days. That was last week. I hated myself after that one. But is there anything better than a cold bowl of milk and cereal? At least I'm not eating pancakes for 3 meals, anymore. That was a bad time.
It's time for things to heat up so I can get outside again. Yesterday was pretty nice, maybe things are looking up in the weather department!
But seriously, I should just stop buying bread and cereal, right? I mean, if it's not in my house, then I can't eat it, right? That's what my theory was all last year, and it seemed to work well. I really should return to that mode of thinking.
Wow, this post is boring. I kept typing with the hope that some inspiration would strike me and it would get interesting at some point. That did not happen. And I apologize.
You can never get those 4 minutes back, and that is something I will have to live with forever.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Give me my sin again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad you're back to blogging. I've missed my daily/weekly dose of laughter (though Reagan has been good for providing that this week...) but still I MISS YOU! Apparently you've just been busy sinning. Well, I can't believe it's just the REGULAR bread you're having trouble with from Great Harvest. My friend works there and brought me PEACH Cobbler bread or something. OH MY GOSH! YUM. And what about their pumpkin chocolate chip bread? Really, your choice of sin could be a lot more interesting at least. Though the homemade blackberry jam does sound pretty tempting...
I like cereal and bread, too. I can't help but eat them, either.
I want to know if it was Wheat Chex or Rice Chex or Corn Chex or none of the above. Because I am all about Wheat Chex, but if I'm making Muddy Buddies, it's Corn Chex, and we've had a box of Rice Chex in the pantry for a long time because nobody really likes Rice Chex (why did I buy it?). I see other kinds of Chex at the store but I don't buy them because they sound weird. Like honey or something? I don't know.
Sorry; just trying to show you how much more boring my comments are than your post. :-P
It was Corn Chex. Super delicious. But I also like Rice Chex. It's like Rice Krispies, but in a more uniform molded shape.
I haven't tried Wheat Chex in a while. But I am currently working on a box of Cinnamon Life right now. It's not at all horrible.
i, too, am working on cinnamon life! i say go crazy with bread. it could be a lot worse. you could be addicted to those weird little wax-paper wrapped taffees that nobody is sure what is the flavor or who is the maker. i had one today. it was really good. i love you!
yummmmmm bread from great harvest! you can toast it and smear anything on it and its amazing. I think its the smell. You toast something, and the smell....MMM!
Don't feel bad about bread, at least its not girl scout cookies right? I am saying this with samoa breath.
I keep checking for a new post but there is none to be found...hint hint. I have a good idea for one...;)
Post a Comment