CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Healthy Hint From Weight Watchers

My mother went to a WW meeting today. (she is a lifetime member, having reached her goal weight and kept it off several years ago. But life and traveling happens. So now she's trying to get back to that weight again) She told me about a little hint they got today in their meeting:

Mom: So they said that you should make your food last. You know, try to take 20 minutes to eat your dinner.

Me: So. . . . .I should eat continuously for 20 minutes? I can TOTALLY do that!

Mom: NOOOOOO!! I meant. . . .

AND SCENE

I clearly knew what she was trying to say. I just like to kid her. And there will be no cessation of eating for quite a while because. . . .

I'm pregnant.














Boo-ya

Due in Sept. Very excited.

15 weeks now. When should my energy return to me, again?

Ok, I need to go eat now.

For at least 20 minutes

11 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray, HOORRRRAAAAAAAAYYY!! Congrats!

Gooch Family said...

Congrats!!! But I'm a little confused from the ultra sound, I don't see a baby on there at all??

Ali said...

Oh yeah, Sorry, I didn't talk about the jacked up ultrasound because I was all worried about our camera. See the black half moon on the left of the picture? yeah, that shouldn't be there, and it was in taking this picture that I discovered our REALLY nice camera was messed up. So I was more concerned with finishing the post and calling my husband to ask if it had a warranty.

But this ultrasound was taken at 9 weeks. I didn't know they did that! The baby was nothing more than a throbbing lima bean. (I'll put an arrow on it, if I can.) My Dr's office just got their own machine, so I think they are wanting to try it out much as possible. Maybe? That's the only explanation I have for an ultrasound at 9 weeks.

hil said...

so so awesome.

Lisa said...

OMGOSH! CONGRATS!!!!!

Chad & Sarah Marsden said...

Boo-Ya. My kids favorite exclamation. Love those WW tips. I, too think the photo looks a little vague. It might be because of all the sticky fingerprints on my computer screen. I am so excited to meet that little lima bean.

Mindalynn said...

Congratulations!! I think this calls for a "woo-dee, hoo-dee!" :) I'm especially excited because I might possibly know someone (ahem!) who is also expecting this fall...

Doug, Jen & the boys said...

YAY!!! So excited for you guys.

Marianne said...

I was checking your blog the other day and thinking, she hasn't posted as much as she normally does. I bet she's pregnant. And I was right. Congratulations!

Beth said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That is awesome! Also, that was a funny story. Classic and quote-book worthy, if I still kept a quote-book, and maybe I should start again so I can put that in there. "I should eat continuously for 20 minutes? I can TOTALLY do that!" Love. It.

Also, @Mindy (I've never used that Twitter-inspired shortcut before; I just joined the 21st century) -- WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?? (Besides woo-dee-hoo-dee, which made me laugh, even though I always thought it was spelled wooty-hooty.)

(Sorry, that whole comment was really tangential. Point simple: congratulations. I'm so excited for you, Alicia!)

Emily said...

Congratulations Alicia!