Just so you know:
It takes 4 grown adults to hold a 2 and 3/4 year old child down to examine a scratched eye.
And if anything needs to be dropped into this eye to make it glow like a radioactive particle ala the Simpsons, make sure all 4 of your are wearing protective gloves, because she will pinch, and scratch and spit and kick and do everything in her power to get away from you. And it will make you cry. And you haven't cried at the doctors office since you watched her get her first set of shots.
Oh, and if she needs to get anti-bacterial drops in her eyes 3 times a day for a week, make sure that your husband is present for the administration of of those drugs. Because if not, you might have a scratched eye yourself from the fighting.
But you will feel better knowing something is being done about it. Because seriously, when you pried her eye open after hours of crying and saw the VERY VISIBLE scratch that went the whole length of her iris AND pupil you nearly died of fright for the sight of your child.
But seriously, that radioactive stuff they put in her eye glowed neon green in the special black light? That stuff was cool. Made me miss the day-glow fashions of the 80's.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Just so you know
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
poor thing. I hope she recovers soon.
Oh, I've so totally been there! Poor Evi (and poor Alicia)! What happened?!
Evi! Noooooooo! That is aweful. I am anxious for the story. And holding your kid down in the doctors office has to be one of the worst things ever. EV-ER.
been there, friend. I'm so sorry, I hope she's better now!
My son had eye surgery and this sounds much more painful. At least he was knocked out at the time.The description of eye surgery was bad enough for me. I can't stand touching my eye and can't even watch my husband put his contacts in...
Post a Comment