CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Big Six

"I would totally marry you again, Ali"

What more can you ask for on your 6th wedding anniversary?

Oh, I know! How about a child that isn't sick? I would've really appreciated it if my kid didn't get a hand and mouth virus that has caused blistering hives to break out on her palms, soles, and her ENTIRE "diaper zone." They almost look like festering boils. Yech. And i guess it's pretty contagious the first few days (Which today is) so we felt like we couldn't ask anyone to babysit our HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS and PLAGUE RIDDEN child.

So instead we took her with us to the Red Lobster. We inflicted her borderline infected corpuscles on them. . . . And their lobster tank. . . .Which YES my child stuck her hand into (and almost her face too, if you were wondering)

Did you know that they will take a live lobster out of the tank and bring it around for the kids to "pet" if they would like. Those things give me the creeps out of the water. And I just realized why. They look like spiders with tails! Flailing legs, wandering antennae, a tail that curls up into itself when the manager "tickles" it. Geee geeee geee geeeeeeeesh!! NO THANK YOU!! You can take that thing right back to the kitchen. Boil it up and bring it to me with a side of butter. Otherwise I don't want to see it again. (If you were wondering, I had the Lobster Pizza. It was FREAKING AWESOME. And nothing squirmed at me as I tried to eat it)

And for an anniversary dinner, it wasn't too bad. Even with a tag-along baby. We didn't get into any fights. We didn't let the baby's constant climbing down and getting up bother us. Mostly because we kept feeding her a steady stream of snow crab and lobster pizza. I think she ate about 2 whole legs of crab herself. So I guess we know she likes seafood! We got to talk about being in San Diego (where we were married and where we went just a few months before she was born) and about how Marcelo wants to live somewhere close to the coast so he can eat seafood everyday. And even though it was our anniversary, I don't mind spending it with the sweet, sweet Bibbers.

Because, as Mar says, she is the fruit of our time together.

Happy Anniversary, Amorcito. I would totally marry you again, too!

4 comments:

Amy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

So sorry Evi is sick. That's a doozy of an illness to get.

FYI: My sister kept a lobster as a pet once. (Who else but Nicole?!) She even had a leash and walked it once. Until it turned blue and died. The end.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your anniversary regardless of have a kid in tow. I like Marcelo's description of her, "the fruit of our time together..."

That is quite the compliment to say you'd marry the person again...

CONGRATS!!

hil said...

gross. and happy anni. love you.

Lynn said...

LOBSTER PIZZA??!!! I did not know they had that, but now I am definitely gonna have to find an excuse to hit up Red Lobster soon. I love some crab legs like whoa.

Ok, and "fruit of our time together?" So funny, I will have to use that in the future. Happy anniversary!

Reggs said...

Happy 6 years! I am so happy for all three of you. :) Fruit, indeedy!