I love zappos.com. Its the only place that someone with my giant size of a foot can find a shoe in their size. And cute too! And they have free shipping and returns. And because I'm a VIP member (insert ooooh's here) I get free overnight shipping on all my orders. So when Marcelo's gift was ordered and shipped on the "10th" (so they said, hmmfphf) it didn't arrive till the 24th. Almost missed Christmas. But I procrastinated buying Jules' gift this year (she was my secret santa) and I bought it on the 22nd and it was at her door the next day.
I LOVE YOU ZAPPOS.
However, I'm on the hunt for some new church shoes. The shoes I wear EVERY Sunday are hideous and my mom bought them second hand at Savers when I was 8 months pregnant. Yeah, so basically they are nasty and gross and nasty. Did I mention nasty?
So I went to look at the website just to put a few shoes on my "wishlist" in preparation for when I get to buy myself some new shoes. (That gets to happen when I lose 30 pounds. It's a mini goal)
As I'm narrowing down my search, I chose 4 categories or themes that my shoes should fall under. I choose the words "Dress, Feminine, Elegant, Formal" because like I said I need church shoes.
Here is the shoe at the top of the list they gave me. Please tell me which of the 4 words this shoe falls under.
Would you say more formal? or more elegant? or a mix of the two? Please let me know what you think.
P.S. They wanted $60 for these shoes. I'm going to go vomit right now.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
One of these things is not like the other. . .
Posted by Ali at 9:46 PM
Labels: A funny thing happened
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WOW. Those are HORRIFIC!!!! I'm going to have nightmares about them. Seriously.
Maybe you should try a search for Hideous. Gut-wrenching. Granny. D.I. Material. You might get better results...
I think definitely FEMININE. Ack! By the way, I *used* to love zappos but since I'm NOT a VIP member I don't get free overnight shipping anymore. And, they stopped doing their 110% price match thingy. So I've gone to the dark side. (The dark side being Endless.com). Sorry Zappos!
Um, I think I know someone who wears those as "dress shoes." But for work! With slacks and a polo! So it's not all bad, right?? I am pretty sure said person did not pay $60 for them, though!
Anyway, thanks for the laugh -- wow!!
I think that they are all those things ... if you are a lesbian.
i'm laughing so hard right now that my side is literally splitting.
they are not all that much different from your pilgrim mission shoes. remember how you would hate it if your outfit required black footwear?
i think they are awesome. you'd have to be riding a rascal scooter to pull them off, however.
I think you're looking at this in a "glass half empty" kind of way. You could totally "bedazzle" those baby's and be the coolest sister in the ward.
I'm already jealous just thinking about it.
Post a Comment