Do you know what my favorite song is? Of all time? "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Freddie Mercury. You know, the song that Vanilla Ice stole and turned into the lamest song ever? I am of course referring to Ice Ice Baby.
Anyway, I love that song. I could listen to it over and over again.
And I hate Vanilla Ice for ruining it. My husband actually heard it and was like "Hey!! That song copied Ice Ice Baby!" Arrrgh (Actually, Marcelo calls the song "Ice Ice Skating." It's kinda cute)
What is your favorite song? The one that you can never tire of? The one that stands the test of time? The one that you crank in your car and makes you feel good?
Do tell
*Mental note to self, I should go Ice Ice Skating this winter.*
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Favorite Song
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE that song, too. You want to know the sad story that IS the first time I heard that song? I heard it on Dance, Dance, Revolution. WHY oh WHY did it take me that long to hear it?
I don't really have a favorite song--I like fast, upbeat music in general and Norah Jones type music.
as soon as i read the title, my mind sang, "un-dah presh-a!" Bowie is highly underappreciated by our generation. Ground control to major Tom? come on, people. your note to self made me laugh out loud. i love OAR: love and memories, Pennywise: Every single day, and of course Toto: Africa. and as much as i fight it, i rock out everytime the radio plays backstreet boys: I want it that way. yeah, i couldn't believe it either. and maybe it's because i can hear my brothers' voices singing it in really funny ways, the way the would when we heard it in the car when it first came out. and let's put a religious spin on this; who doesn't love Come Thou Fount? man, greatest song ever written. when i have the ipod playing over the car radio, Darby always asks for "church", which is MoTab singing Fount. and then there's all things Nelly Furtado. and don't forget Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album. and anything by They Might Be Giants and then there's Pain's "Derision." man, i love music.
I saw an interview with the great Vanilla Ice where he explained that he didn't steal the beat. He added an extra note "da da da dada da da" which made it a completely different song (his words).
I can't knock him as much as I'd like to with his parachute pants, he did sing the Ninja Rap which is a whole level of cool that not too many people can appreciate.
Vanilla Ice has some nostalgia in it for me (not to the 80s but to freshman year at BYU), though I do like Under Pressure, too.
So many Collective Soul songs are my favorites that I never tire of (Precious Declaration probably tops the list), and High School Musical (I know; I am secretly twelve), and U2's A Beautiful Day.
Post a Comment