We went to the Lake today. It was cold and windy. And one of the jet skis didn't work for a few hours, so I had to go all the way back to town to find some replacement parts for it. It eventually did work, and we had some good times. Some good, white cap filled times.
I think everyone always comes back from time at the beach/lake/large body of water entirely spent of energy and ganas to do anything else besides sleep. I'm currently fighting some ZZZZZ's myself right now. I just want to make sure that my baby goes down before I do. She's going to sleep like a rock tonight. I'm really REALLY looking forward to it.
But my point is, I don't think there is anything better than taking a shower right after coming back from the beach/lake/large body of water + sun. ESPECIALLY if you are a little toasty from that sun. You need to get washed and clean ASAP to make the eventual sunburn better. Trust me on this one. Wash yourself nearly instantly and it won't be as bad as if you wait for it to "set in". But seriously, is there anything better than that shower? AHHHHH, I'm remembering it now. It's a whole different kind of zills.
Next item. I think I am really out of it. I think that I am the only person in north America who didn't see Avatar the first time it was in theaters. Seriously, where was I? I don't know. I know Marcelo saw it. But when did he see it? Why wasn't I there? I have no answer for this. But I have decided that I am going to see it. Because I have no plans to buy a 3D TV, so I think that I should see it in the theaters before it leaves.
So who wants to go with me? Who wants to spend another $10-$12 dollars on a mind blowing visual masterpiece with a preachy C- story? Hands?
Ok, I didn't think so. I guess I'll just go by myself.
I'll be the loser with the Whoppers and Milk Duds front and center all alone on a Saturday night.
I really should get some Swedish Fish too. . . .hmmmm
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Out of it
Posted by Ali at 7:41 PM
Labels: My Favorite Things, Rants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love the pre-sunburn showers. And I have them a lot, because I'm pasty.
I didn't see Avatar in theaters either, but we netflixed(can I use that as a verb?) it 2 weeks ago. And I liked it, although I wasn't expecting to. Down in these parts, everybody was talking about how "the liberals made some environmentalist movie with smurf looking things." Seriously, that is a direct quote. So lots of people refused to see it. Oh, how I love the south.
It was my first 3d movie and I have to say I loved it! Definitely not my normal type of movie but it was really good. The only thing that was a little weird was how they stick their tale into the other person/animal and it slithers in, yea, little strange. You'll see, but other than that, great movie ;) Have fun!
I am not into movies (with the exception of the High School Musical ones!) (did I just admit to that?) so I will take your place as the Last Person On Earth to see Avatar. (The whole paragraph on this made me laugh, though! You are funny.)
For some reason I haven't realized the sunburn-shower-thing and am wishing you would have posted this a day earlier, because I went to the pool yesterday and neglected to apply sunscreen because it is September now and I shouldn't have to (yes, I was being dumb, and yes, I have the sunburn to show for it).
Wait! No--ME! Take me! I haven't seen it yet. I even have TWO bags of Swedish fish sitting in my cupboard. Oh, yeah--who's the cool one Alicia's going to go see Avatar with? (The answer is ME!) Is it really *still* in the theaters? Wow.
And I'm TOTALLY with you on the quick after you burn showers. I have many 1st of the summer beach trip burns on which I have tested your advice. It's definitely better to do it quickly.
you, Amy, and i will have to go. i haven't seen it either, but Frankie has (see how we are SO lobsters?!). i will eat the full 2 bags of swedish fish, though, and somebody else who tries to snake one might lose a finger. sorry. i have sharp teeth and swedish fish put me into a feeding frenzy. i went into a feeding frenzy at olive garden yesterday with the endless pasta bowl. it is only for a limited time, and i think my visit has made the time even more limited; they've never seen a girl (or guy, for that matter) eat so much so fast. and ask for a refill of salad, too! on that note, i saw a sign for lemonade at a pretzel shop in the mall (i was just walking by, not eating. for once). the sign said, "strawberry mango lemonade forever. for a limited time." now, there is a marketing genius. the end.
ALI! I have a crush on Jake Sulley! I want to go with you. We can smuggle a whole purse load of junk in....oh, but I am in Georgia. How sad.
mmmm....swedish fish....
Post a Comment