WARNING!! GOREY PICTURE BELOW!!
On Wednesday, we had a work party for being held at Marcelo's bosses' house. I was super excited until I realized I had nothing to wear. For all of you women who have the baby fat just MELT off of you while you are breastfeeding, I HATE YOU. You know, those women who get progressively more emaciated as their children plump like little kernels of corn? Yeah, those are the women I am talking about. My sister in law is one of them. After 3 months of feeding her babies, her pants hang off her now non-existent hips. She told me that she is even skinnier than when she was in high school. Where as I have started running and cutting back on my eating and it is making no difference at all. IT IS NOT FAIR.
Ok, enough about that for now. The point was that I was going to a Christmas Party and I had noting to wear.
I knew I would have to worry about that soon, but first I needed to make some cookies. I decided to use my mom's oven because it is about 1000 times better than mine. As I was waiting for the last batch of cookies to come out, Bibi decided to dance around while singing "I know you" from Sleeping Beauty. She was really spinning and having fun and then she got too dizzy and lost her balance. She fell and hit the side of her head on the TV stand.
I didn't think anything of it, until she crawled on my lap and I saw the blood. A Lot of blood from a long gash by her ear. My mom and I quickly decided that she would watch Seba and I would take Evi to the Doctor (which is only 5 min away, luckily). My pediatrician said I could see the nurse practitioner immediately if I came now, and so it was decided.
I thought he would say, "just a bandage will be fine" and I would feel silly for over-reacting. That is what I expected. I did NOT expect six stitches! Which is what she got.
Getting them in her, however, was not very easy. She is a super strong 3 and a half year old. It took 4 of us to hold her down so the doctor could stitch. And she screamed the whole time. Not just screaming, but spitting, scratching, and trying to move her head the whole time. After it was over, we had doctor after doctor come in the room and come to see the kid that was making all that racket!
She got 3 stickers and a sucker for her troubles and she went home and got a well deserved nap.
And then 2 hours later, Husband and I got a well deserved break and went to an amazing party. They had food brought in from Tucanos, they had lots of games and Marcelo got his first experience at playing the "white elephant" game. He caught on very quickly that the whole fun was stealing gifts, and he made himself quite known as being the "gift stealer". And then we played a game that involved dice, a gift wrapped 4 times, and using gloved hands to open it. It was crazy suspenseful, and so much fun to play and watch. Marcelo and I decided that for sure we are going to play it next time we have a family reunion.
We got some awesome white elephant gifts, and also some crappy ones. But that's the way it works, right? It was a great night and then we got to come home to this.
How blessed are we?
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Work Party and an Owie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, my--your description of Bibi getting stitches is reminding me of when Katelyn had to get a cavity filled. Poor girl (You AND Bibi!). I hope they did a local anesthetic at least!
I can just imagine Marcelo being the "gift stealer". So what *did* you get? Danny's family always does a white elephant and I'm always looking for ideas...
It's nice to have updates from you again!
Your site has a nice appearance, it loaded quickly, was easy to navigate, and no missing or broken links. lots of good information. Thanks!.
Seriously, so blessed.
Great content , Thanks
Post a Comment