CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Halloween

Last year I didn't plan a cute costume and I regretted it. But as soon as we got home from trick-or-treating last year, I made a decision: Evi would go as Belle next year and Raya would be the Beast. When I told Marcelo the plan he smiled and said that would be cute, so it was decided.

Now, the thinking behind choosing the blue "peasant" outfit instead of the more well known "gold ball gown" is very simple: IT IS COLD IN UTAH IN OCTOBER!! The gold gown doesn't allow for many layers or a jacket if you want to see the costume. But the blue gold gown can be worn with pants under it to keep her warm and layers of shirts under the blouse if needed. And since I was making it, I wanted to make something I liked.

That's right, I sewed her whole dress, and I think it looked awesome!














Maybe it's just the hair that really makes the difference.





























What a ferocious Beast! Look at him roar!

We went to the ward party the Saturday before Halloween, and then we went Trick-or-Treating in our old neighborhood on the 31st. I don't know how to top this one next year! She is just too cute!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO SO SO cute!! The costume is perfect! Love her hair, the dress (wow, you made that?!!) (and it's refreshing to see Belle in the blue peasant costume!) and the bow. That picture of Raya roaring is awesome! Good job!!

Mindalynn said...

Wait, you MADE that dress?? Whoa. I am impressed! I LOVE the concept too--Raya is an awesome beast! And holy Hannah, Evi is adorable--you totally nailed it, especially the hair/bow!

Lynn said...

That costume is amazing! It makes me wish I could sew. And I LOVE her hair. She is sooooo cute!

Amy said...

WOW!!! I am SUPER impressed with your mad sewing skillz. I love that you went with the non-traditional--it makes the costume that much more fun. Besides, that's what she's wearing for most of the movie. Evi's hair totally makes the already FAB costumes. Raya looks great, too. How did you make her Beast costume?