CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 2, 2011

America's Trezured Dolls

Are you as excited as I am that "Toddlers and Tiaras" has returned? Am I the only one that gets horrible, morbid pleasure out of this show? It's so funny how delusional these women are (the mothers, of course. I do not blame their 3 and 4 yr old kids) . But you can see that the delusion started a long time ago. Like at the birth of their children. When they choose the name they will carry through life, they think, "what name can I give my child that makes it clear their mother was totally nutso?"

And they sure do deliver! Here is a partial list of names that I have written down after watching a few episodes:

Aniston
Bayleigh
Meadow
Addison (Isn't that a disease?)
Kaleigha (pronounced kind of like Kaluha, the alcoholic drink)
Jadyn
Makayla
Kayleigh
marleigh
Story
Jaigen
Makensie
Mckinley (The mom missed the boat on this one. Should've spelled it "Mckinleigh")
Kragen
Lexcia
Teeghan

Please tell me which trait do you think is the craziest:

1) Substituting a "y" for the vowel a, or i, or e for that matter! It is the most abused "almost vowel" out there!
2) Adding "leigh" to the middle or end of a name. And spelling it that way so it's "extra special"
3) A completely made up name that anyone would think is crazy.

Let me know what you think is the worst offense.

Oh, and I forgot to explain the name of this post, "America's Trezured Dolls" is actually the name of one of the pageants that is featured on the show. So, it's not just the mothers of these kids that are crazy. The pageant directors seem to be off their rocker too. Like having an "80's" theme to a pageant seems ridiculous, especially since most of these girls were born LONG after the year 2000. (most were born in 2005 or sooner). And most of the mothers were probably only 2 or 3 during the 80's! Oh, this show is just a hot mess of loveliness all around. No wonder I love it so much!

Don't forget to watch Toddlers and Tiaras! Only on TLC!!

6 comments:

Mindalynn said...

I have never seen the show, but just the premise makes me shudder! Good thing I have you to watch it and mock it on my behalf.

I vote for #3 in the naming offenses. I know everyone is trying to be unique these days, but some of those made up names...well, let's just say they have a special homemade ring to them.

Reggs said...

HA HA! "Story" was on my baby name list for Piper. I guess that makes me nuts-o?

I do hate most "creative" spellings of baby names. Like people who keep trying to bring back mesh cropped shirts. It will never be fresh and fashion forward.

Gotta put this show on the DVR fir rillz!

hapi said...

Hi Ali, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

hil said...

Teegan makes my skin crawl. and anything with Leigh. barf. and i hate the Y substitution. i hate it all! give your child something better than a stupid name if you want to set her apart from others. like a little self respect and dignity---not a stripper name.

Lynn said...

I love love love this show. I had tons of friends growing up who did pageants. Thankfully, my mom didn't make me. I used to make Nate watch this with me and I would have to explain how all the titles and trophies worked. I tell him all the time we need to be saving for Julia's cupcake dress and other costumes. I mean, I'll live in a trailer if I have to for Julia to have the glitziest, most bedazzled costume out there.

Kiki said...

Haha VERY TRUE!