Marcelo turned 30 on Saturday. Last year we weren't together for his birthday and that was sad. But this year I remembered 5 days before the big day that not only was it his birthday, but he would be turning 30! Something had to be done, and quickly.
And I decided to go SUPER ambitious and try for a surprise party. I don't know what I was thinking. Marcelo can sniff out a surprise or a secret better than any CIA agent. And once he suspects, there is no going back. He ferrets out the secret and then it is a secret no longer. But he didn't suspect a thing!
I don't know if it's because I planned it at the lat moment. Or because I only invited a very few people. But it was so great. He was 100% surprised and had a great time. For food we had:
Chips and Salsa
BBQ beef
BBQ chicken legs
Carmel corn
Rice
And for dessert we had brownies and ice cream. Instead of a cake I made him a pan of cinnamon rolls because he prefers those. Here are just a FEW pictures. I was really busy barbecuing and making sure that everything was perfect that I didn't really get to take any pictures.
These are the guys that helped me distract Marcelo. Cris kept him working for most of the day so he stayed away, and Juan Carlos made fake plans with him in the afternoon so he would for sure come home on time.
Here are some of the kids having a great time.
And here he is blowing out his birthday candles. With a little help from the Bibi. Notice how her cheeks are all puffed out ready for blowing? Perfect.And then we ate and had a great time. We danced a little salsa, ate lots of food and thoroughly hated ourselves the next day. Well, maybe that's just me!
Happy Birthday Amorcito.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Make Way For The Birthday Boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
happy birthday, Marcelo! and what a cool wife he has. it sounds like you did a great job. and for real, i need one of those cin rolls. that looks so yummy! and now i want bbq beef, too.
It looks like it was such a success. Happy birthday Marcelo. I didn't send him a card because I am lame. Nice work Lisha, it is a big feat to pull off a surprise like that.
Hey I read your comment on my blog. Thanks for reading.
We will be in Orem on June 5. I hear it's been snowing up there, so it had all better be gone by the time I'm there.
She's getting so big and cuter than ever! Sorry we won't be there for the party! Hopefully we can get together the next weekend if you're around!
Post a Comment