CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My New Favorite Thing


You know what my favorite thing is these days? Checking out books on CD from the Library, and then downloading them to my iPod. Then I listen to them, and when I'm done I delete them!! It's awesome!!

Doing the dishes? Listening to the Great Gatsby.

Changing a diaper? Listening to Jane Eyre.

Taking the dog outside and picking up her poo? Listening to Stephen King.

The only sad thing is that our library doesn't have that great a selection of CD's. I would go to Orem (They have a much bigger selection) but I don't have a car again. So I just have to hope they update their inventory soon.

It's seriously my favorite thing. So what should be the next book I put on there? Suggestions?

7 comments:

Reggs said...

Wow, that's a really good idea! I wish I could put movies on my ipod as easily as music. I don't have any rec's for ya, though. Tell me if you find something good.

Nate Judd said...

Try "Their Eyes were Watching God." Awesome story.

Nate Judd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emilyandjasonhansen said...

Sorry to hear your Ecuador trip was not so fun. Traveling is so much different with kids eh?
Book recommendation: Bleak House by Charles Dickens. I'm reading it right now because I saw the BBC film version and loved it. It's long though I'm warning you. The book and the movie.

Mindalynn said...

Audiobooks are the bomb! Kevin has a long commute to Purdue, so we've been heavily investing in audiobooks for years now. We pretty much exhausted what Kevin wanted to listen to at the library, but then we got a membership to audible.com. Not as good as free, of course, but it's definitely worth it for us!

As far as suggestions...a lot of my friends are raving about The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale--I haven't read it yet, but I'm going to. You could also always pick up something by George Eliot. ;)

Mindalynn said...

Oh! One more thing. Does your library do interlibrary loan? You may be able to request audibooks from Orem without having to go there--they'd just send them to your local library! I do this a LOT with the Urbana library--it's awesome because I get the choice of any book in like 10 different libraries.

Amy said...

Yeah, you'll just have to move up to SALT LAKE county because there are like 20 libraries in our system and you can request something from any of them. I haven't gotten into audiobooks...yet. Oh, and as for Mindalynn's suggestion... you can't go too wrong with Shannon Hale. I've been loving me some Dr. Laura (Stop Whining, Start Living) lately...